A crown is a protective cover that sits over your tooth like a safety helmet. There are a number of reasons why a crown may be recommended:
- When a tooth is very heavily filled and there is now more filling than tooth. The remaining tooth is weakened and will not be able to adequately support the filling and is likely to break to the point it cannot be repaired.
- Discolourations and poor cosmetic appearance. Crowns can be used to disguise mishapen, spaced or crowded teeth and create a beautiful smile.
- Over the top of a dental implant.
- Extensive damage as a result of decay.
- Root canal treatment – After root canal, teeth become brittle and prone to fracture, the crown provides protection.
- To support a dental bridge when the tooth next door is missing.
There are several options available when it comes to the material used for fabricating your crown. At the consultation appointment we will make a recommendation depending on the position of the crown in your mouth and your personal preference.
Smile makeover using crowns completed by Dr Molloy
1 Bryant Drive Tuggerah
Suite 413 Mariners Building, Tuggerah NSW 2259